The Headteacher and Governors of The Hub School and Alternative Learning Centre seek an exceptional, dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher from January 2020. You will have a proven track record of successful school leadership to co-lead us through an exciting period of development and change. At this pivotal stage of The Hub School’s development you will have the unique opportunity to shape the strategic direction of the school by working alongside the Headteacher and Governors.
This is an excellent prospect to take on a truly unique role leading our school which specialises in providing a broad, balanced and relevant education for vulnerable secondary pupils, who have changing and often complex academic, social, emotional, physical and behavioural needs. We believe that it is every pupil’s right to expect excellent teaching through an enriched and engaging curriculum, in a safe learning environment, which will enable them to experience success reaching their full potential so that they become fully prepared for adult life.
We are responsible for KS3 short-term provision where our priority is to re-integrate young people into mainstream education (up to 20 pupils); long-term provision where pupils follow an appropriate curriculum including GCSE and other accredited courses (up to 31 pupils) and the provision of Commissioned Placements with “alternative” providers (up to 80 pupils).
We seek a Deputy Head who is:
- passionate about education, with the ability to provide the best opportunities for all pupils
- an effective communicator able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness and concern for impact
- resilient and energetic
- firm and fair
- able to lead by example with high professional standards
- able to lead the full school community
- dynamic and motivational
- able to work with a sense of proportion
- able to demonstrate optimistic personal behaviour, positive relationships and attitudes towards pupils, staff and parents, governors and members of the local community
- able to move the school from Requiring Improvement to Good and then Outstanding
- able to demonstrate how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of pupils with a range of behavioural and special educational needs and disabilities.
In return, we offer:
- strong support and leadership from the Headteacher and Governors
a team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff
- an active, committed and well-established governing body
- extensive opportunities for continuous professional development which could, in time, lead to further career opportunities
- high standards of behaviour and safeguarding.
If you have a strong record of raising standards and have a commitment to school improvement, as well as the passion and determination to make a difference then we want to hear from you.
The Hub School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and will be undertaken before a confirmed offer of employment is made.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs K Mould, tel (01482) 304200.
Application pack available from Kerry Mould, tel (01482) 304200, email email@example.com or visit www.thehubschool.org.uk or www.eastriding.gov.uk/jobs
Advert No: THUB002186.
Closing Date: 12 noon 23 September 2019.
Interview Date: 1 October 2019.
The Hub School & Alternative Learning Centre, Springhead Lane, Anlaby Common, HU5 5YJ
School Tel No: (01482) 304200
School website: www.thehubschool.org.uk