An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sandhill Primary School in Barnsley which is part of The Shire Multi Academy Trust. We are seeking an ambitious and energetic professional with experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards. The opportunities and challenges facing the school will excite, stimulate and provide rich reward for anyone with the ambition of making a real difference to children’s education.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, if you have initiative, constructive enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of all key stages and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our school then we would love to hear from you.
As part of The Shire Multi Academy Trust, the school’s vision is to be inclusive, collaborative, inspirational, aspirational, accountable and responsible. That vision has grown and developed from the Trust’s core values and its belief in what make a successful school and a successful trust, one where everyone can ‘Learn to Fly High’.
We are looking for:
• A visionary leader with a clear focus on ensuring high quality education for all our children
• Experience of school leadership or leading developments across school
• A person who is committed to developing strong working relationships with staff, pupils, families and extended partners
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with an excellent record of enabling all children to make accelerated progress and able to lead others to this same success
• A people person with the ability to identify and lead change in a positive inspirational and empathetic way
We will offer you:
• A warm and welcoming school environment where everyone is valued
• A dedicated and hard-working staff team with the potential for further development
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy their learning and are proud of their school
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the school on 01226 345030.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th February 2019 at 4pm.
Application forms are available from, and returnable to email@example.com
The Shire Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Laithes Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.