DEPUTY HEADTEACHER - CURRICULUM L16-L21
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher to an advisory position within the Trust, we are now inviting applications from experienced school leaders for our Deputy Headteacher position, to start in September 2018.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- A Christian (or if not, is respectful of the traditions and values of the Faith);
- An exceptional leader, with experience of securing outstanding outcomes for students;
- An outstanding classroom practitioner, and role model for all stakeholders;
- Experienced in developing new curriculum models and content to advance school improvement;
- Adept in the use of assessment data at classroom and leadership levels.
King’s School is an ecumenical Christian School in the Diocese of Chichester, affiliated to the Church of England. We are part of the Russell Education Trust which operates five very successful schools across the south of England. The school opened its doors to its first cohort of students in September 2013. There are currently approximately 500 students in years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 with a team of over 45 teachers and support staff. We have been oversubscribed for the previous two years and a further 125 students will join the school in September 2018. We are moving to our permanent home (a purpose-built school with brand new academic, sporting and cultural facilities) in September 2019, when our PAN rises to 150 and we take our first sixth form. Our aim is to provide a high quality education in a caring Christian environment in which every student is known and cared for. We are committed to outstanding academic performance and to fostering a love of learning.
Why join King’s School?
- A highly regarded and oversubscribed school
- Enthusiastic, committed and supportive staff team and SLT
- Range of opportunities for professional development
- Exciting opportunities for in-school development
- Excellent support and opportunities through our sponsor - the Russell Education Trust
- Close proximity to the vibrant city of Brighton
We will be holding a tour of the school for applicants, along with an opportunity to meet the Headteacher on Wednesday 14th March at 11am. If you would like to visit the school, please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance. Alternatively, if you would like an informal conversation about this role, or to visit King’s School, please contact Eleanor Edwards on 01273 840004, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit an application form on this website or visit our website for an application form. (www.kingsschoolhove.org.uk/vacancies.php)
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by noon on the closing date. Please note that we can only accept applications made via the school’s form. Applications received on another form, or by way of C.V., will not be considered.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.
King’s School is a Free School which takes funding from the department for Education and operates as any other state school. Our sponsor is the Russell Education Trust which is an organisation staffed solely by Educational Professionals (and not by private business).