We have a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate as Deputy Headteacher at St Helena School, a member of The Sigma Trust. This is an exciting time for the school: a new Headteacher has just been appointed and she is now looking to grow her established team to lead the school forward.
As the Deputy Headteacher you will:
- Work with the Head, Trust, Local Governing Body (LGB) and school staff, to support the leadership of the school.
- Be responsible for improving progress through effective behaviour systems, monitoring the progress of all pupils and reporting this to the Headteacher and Local Governing Body.
- Be the Safeguarding Lead for the school including monitoring the progress and impact of the school’s pupil premium funding and attendance interventions.
If you can answer yes to the following questions, we would very much welcome your application:
- Do you have the desire to eventually become a headteacher?
- Are you committed to working in collaboration with others to succeed the best outcomes for all pupils?
- Do you have a clear and proven track record of impact and school improvement?
About the Trust
The overall ethos of the Trust is achievement for all ensuring that no child is left behind. Education should foster in its learners a curiosity to discover who they are and what they are capable of, together with developing the resilience for them to test the boundaries of their abilities, and build the skills necessary to face the future with confidence. For additional information about The Sigma Trust please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk where further contact details are available.
If you wish to contact the school or the Headteacher Designate, Fiona Pierson, please see the attached application pack for contact details.
To apply for this post please complete and submit an application form, available via the TES website. Please include in your letter of application, how your experience to date has prepared you for this role.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews will be held 24th & 25th April 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.