Deputy Headteacher required for a state of the art comprehensive 11-16 school in Didcot, part of a flourishing Multi Academy Trust
GLF Schools is looking for an exceptional, ambitious, and self-motivated Deputy Headteacher to provide the vision and strategic leadership for Aureus School in Didcot, as it grows year on year, since opening in September 2017.
You will join a team of ambitious senior leaders who are committed to providing an outstanding educational experience for all students.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and visionary individual with character, determination and integrity, a leader who actively looks to inspire others to give their best.
This role will suit an ambitious school leader seeking to work with colleagues to build and develop a school that is growing year on year. The Deputy Headteacher will lead on curriculum development, learning and teaching; the job description provides further detail of the scope of the role.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Has a successful proven record, particularly in relation to improving the quality of learning and teaching, leading the curriculum and/or building exceptional systems and structures
• Understands how to lead cultural change and embrace a growth mindset
• Can work effectively as a team
• Has the ability to lead, inspire and develop colleagues and students
• Has high expectations of self and others
• Has the ability to operate at a strategic level including effective use of data, self-evaluation and quality assurance processes
• Is ambitious to become a Headteacher
• Can help us build and grow the school to outstanding by any external measure.
For the successful applicant we offer:
• The opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team
• Development through CPD and career management within GLF Schools
• Recognition for commitment and achievement
• A range of staff benefits that includes generous pension and childcare vouchers
• Onsite parking and excellent public transport links.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with the school's policies and procedures.
A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
Closing date: Midday 21st October
Interview Date: 24th October
Start Date: ASAP (January 2020)
Salary: L18 – 22
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.