Woodlands Primary School is expanding its leadership team to support its journey as an improving school. An essential part of this exciting phase of growth and development is the appointment of a Deputy Head Teacher to start in September 2018. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic and motivated professional to make a very real difference to the lives of our children.
After a difficult Ofsted inspection in 2017, governors are now seeking an innovative and inspiring leader to work closely with the Head Teacher to take the school to the next level. While the role does not include class responsibility, the successful candidate will show themselves to be someone who can clearly implement and drive improvement in the teaching and leadership practice of others.
Our Deputy Head Teacher will be:
- passionate about high quality teaching, learning and assessment;
- a school leader who can demonstrate and develop high quality classroom practice;
- someone who is excited about and effective in managing change and rapid improvement for children.
The school will offer:
- a determined and vibrant staff team;
- professional improvement opportunities both internally and in partnership with other schools;
- polite and friendly children who respond well to effective behaviour management;
- parents who want to work closely with the school to drive improvement.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Nadia Smith on 01302 722367 to arrange an appointment.
An application pack is attached to this advert and completed application forms should be emailed to Nadia.Smith@Woodlandsprimary.doncaster.sch.uk
Closing date: 12 midday on Friday 23rd March 2018.
Interview dates: Observation in current setting W/B 16th April, Interviews W/B 23rd April References will be requested from those shortlisted.