De Beauvoir is a rapidly improving two-form entry primary school, serving a diverse, vibrant and exciting urban community in Hackney. We are looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who will share our vision of education and support and lead the school into the future.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with drive, commitment and high aspirations to work in close partnership with the Headteacher, leadership team, staff, parents and governors to provide the very best education for our children in a happy and vibrant school.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- can work effectively as part of a team and with the Headteacher to contribute to the strategic direction of the school;
- has excellent assessment and curriculum knowledge;
- supports the values and ethos of our school;
- can motivate and develop positive relationships with staff, parents and children;
- has proven interpersonal and people skills;
- can can lead by example, coaching and mentoring teachers to raise standards, accelerate progress and enable rapid improvement of teaching and learning.
In return we offer you:
- Excellent support from the Headteacher and governing body;
- A strong commitment to your professional development and a wide range of CPD opportunities;
- A positive, supportive and friendly work environment;
- Enthusiastic, happy children with a wide range of backgrounds and abilities.
If you are interested in this position, please download the application pack and application form below.
Application closing date: Thursday 8th February 2018, 12pm
Interviews: Friday 23rd February 2018
Completed applications should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to:
Elfreda Henebeng, Administration Officer, De Beauvoir Primary School, 80 Tottenham Road, London, N1 4BS
Should you have any queries on the application process, please contact Elfreda Henebeng, Administration Officer on 020 7254 2517
We welcome and encourage school visits. The visits will take p lace on:
Monday 29th January, 2pm
Wednesday 31st January, 2pm
Friday 2nd February, 2pm
Monday 5th February, 2pm
Please contact the school office on 020 7254 2517 to arrange a visit.
For more information and news about Hackney’s schools and children’s centres, please visit www.learningtrust.co.uk or follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/hackneysuccess
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will be sought for shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.