Inspire their remarkable at Beacon Academy
Beacon Academy is situated in Loughborough, with approximately 345 children on role including a Moderate Learning Difficulty (MLD) resource base. It is time for change and our staff are ready to embrace new leadership which has vision, integrity and rigour because we have huge potential and a commitment to rapid improvement.
As a driven, focused leader, your track record of improving results will make you perfect for this role. You will support the Headteacher and lead an area of negotiated specialism within the Academy (not just one area). The successful candidate will need to be motivated, innovative, flexible and have a proven track record of working with children with a wide range of needs. They will have a passion for developing and extending potential in both our pupils and staff team by recognising and nurturing individual qualities and strengths, thus driving Beacon Academy forward to become an outstanding academy of the future.
Within this role, you must be ambitious and able to:
- Be brave, discover what’s possible, push the limits and be big-hearted
- Understand the new framework and the importance of curricular design, knowing what outstanding looks like is an important part of this role
- Commit to each and every child being inspired to have a remarkable life
Beacon Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) national network of over 60 primary, secondary and special academies.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we are inspiring.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More opportunities, so you can forge your own path - As a large and expanding multi academy trust, there are ample opportunities for development and new experiences.
- More hands on support, so you can get on with what matters most - Expert operations support removes headaches, allowing you to focus on the children.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
If you are a truly inspirational, highly motivated and forward-thinking leader, with the energy and passion to change lives then this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
Our new Deputy Headteacher will enjoy the autonomy of leadership rooted in the local community, whilst working in partnership with the Headteacher, a system leader AET’s National Director of Primary Schools, Lauren Costello OBE, with support from a committed local governing board.
This position is required to commence January 2020. Interviews are scheduled to take place Thursday 03 October 2019.
Closing date: 12:00 noon on Monday 16 September 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.