Christ Church is looking for an exceptional, highly motivated senior leader to take up the post of Deputy Headteacher. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Headteacher to continue to develop the school on the next phase of our journey, in accordance with our Christian ethos.
We are an outstanding one-form entry Church of England Primary School within a friendly and vibrant community in Shooters Hill. Due to the retirement of our current Deputy Headteacher, the Governors are seeking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher to start in September 2018. There is a teaching commitment to this post, a class-based commitment that is anticipated to be 2-2.5 days per week.
At Christ Church, we work hard and effectively as a team of learners, so that everyone can achieve their very best. Our goal is to provide outstanding academic and pastoral guidance to each and every child so that they leave us best prepared for the next stage in their lives as young citizens.
At Christ Church, we pride ourselves on high standards for all learners, while nurturing each individual through our Christian ethos. We have a strong and welcoming community and we look to make sure that all stakeholders feel that their role is important in securing success for the school and ultimately, our learners.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a model of “excellence” as a teacher and leader, both academically and spiritually, inspiring and motivating other staff to do their very best
· Support and help to shape the teaching and learning of all children within the school by sharing, building and promoting models of outstanding classroom practice
· Work with the Headteacher, middle leaders and school staff to sustain and build on high expectations and consistent excellent practice in teaching and learning throughout the school.
· Take a leading role in the school’s effective use, analysis and reporting of data to ensure that the school monitors and responds to the learning needs of all children and groups of children
· Take a leading role in the day to day coaching of teaching and learning. This includes monitoring of the quality of teaching and learning and feedback/follow up actions with staff to ensure consistent high-quality provision and outcomes for all pupils
· Take a leading role in developing an exciting and broad school curriculum that ensures equality of access and excellence for all learners. This role includes offering support and challenge to individual subject leaders so that collectively the school curriculum is both strong and diverse
· Take a leading role in embedding and developing the Christian ethos of the school.
In return, we offer:
· A strong team of enthusiastic, high-performing and dedicated staff
· An active, committed and well-established governing body, and supportive, engaged parents / carers
· Extensive opportunities for continuous professional development in line with the duties of the post
· A productive, nurturing, welcoming, safe and inclusive learning environment underpinned by our School Values of Love, Wisdom, Perseverance, Friendship, Forgiveness, Trust, Understanding, Resilience, Courage, Humour, Confidence, Responsibility
· Outstanding standards of behaviour and safeguarding.
This is a great opportunity to join an outstanding school and be instrumental in its future development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact Susan Edwards in the School Office on 020 8856 4513 or email email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Further details about the school are available from our website www.ccshprimary.org.uk
Closing date: 12noon, 19th February 2018
Shortlisting: w/c 22nd February 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018
Christ Church C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support children, families and staff at school. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Applications must be made on the Church of England / Diocese of Southwark Leadership Application Form. CVs will not be accepted.