Waterton Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a talented individual to join our leadership team at Normanton Common Primary Academy as Deputy Headteacher from Easter 2018.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding teacher with a proven track record of impact on standards as a leader across the primary range.
Our new Deputy Headteacher will have a very important role to play in shaping the school’s future and will take strategic responsibility for the school’s inclusion policy and practices (including the role of SENDCO) as well as overseeing a number of key areas of school life. We are looking for someone who has excellent ‘change management’ and leadership skills with the adaptability to apply themselves to leading anything that could make a difference to our pupils.
Normanton Common Primary Academy is a very popular primary school and nursery which serves the community of Normanton in Wakefield. We are proud to be part of Waterton Academy Trust. The school is a happy place where staff work hard together to provide pupils and their families with the best standard of education and pastoral care possible. Our pupils enjoy coming to school and inject personality into the learning community. Simply put, our aim is for every child that enters our school to have an excellent standard of education that enables them to shine as an individual, contribute to their community and achieve their full potential. We are aspirational for our pupils and are committed to raising standards in every aspect of school life every day.
The successful candidate will:
- Take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Headteacher
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the school’s inclusion policy and practices including the SENDCO role
- Motivate and work with others to create a shared culture and positive climate
- Promote high expectations of progress and attainment for all
- Take responsibility for analysis of key school performance data to ensure priorities are appropriate and improvement in standards is promoted
- Evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of achievement, setting targets for improvement
Build a collaborative learning culture within the school and actively engage with other schools to strengthen capacity.
In this role you will:
- Join a successful and growing academy
- Receive high quality training and professional development
- Have the opportunity to take a pivotal leadership role at a time of change and growth
- Join a network of Waterton Academy Trust schools and benefit from the excellent support of experienced colleagues
Work within a strong and supportive school team with a shared culture and positive climate
Please see our application pack for further information in relation to the post.
This is a non-class based leadership role.
Waterton Academy Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
Visits to school are welcomed and encouraged, two dates are available 2:00pm on 7th November and 10:00am on 14th November. To arrange this please contact Trish Forbes in the school office to confirm your details - 01924 890576.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Closing date: 5:00pm on Friday 17th November. Applications should be sent by post to school (addressed for the attention of Lynda Beavis – School Business Manager), or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting: Tuesday 21st November. References will be sought for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview
Teaching and learning visits: Wk. beg 27th November
Interview day: Thursday 30th November