Beacon Hill is an award-winning special school which specialises in the education of pupils with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties, autism and complex medical conditions. It also manages and delivers borough wide commissioned services in the areas of Portage and LEAPS, Sensory Support and Independent Travel.
Applications are invited from an exceptional, motivated and inspirational individual with a proven track record of successful school leadership, particularly in the field of special educational needs and mainstream.
The school currently provides for 170 pupils (Age 3 - 19). The school benefits from high quality purpose built accommodation with a range of specialist facilities.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- maintain existing high standards in leadership and management
- promote excellence, equality and high expectations for all pupils
- inspire, challenge and enthuse the staff team
- sustain our commitment to working positively with familiescreatively promote partnerships and collaborative working
In return we can offer:
- an exciting professional development opportunity
- enthusiastic, engaging pupils who enjoy learning
- dedicated, talented and experienced staff team
- welcoming, safe and inclusive learning environment
- highly supportive families and committed governors
- a multi-disciplinary team to support pupils learning, health and welfare needs
As a business and enterprise school we consciously develop exciting opportunities for children and young people. We continue to develop enterprising skills in the awareness of work.
Visits to the school by interested applicants will be warmly welcomed and appointments should be made directly with the school. Please contact Fiona Saint, School Business Manager on Tel (0191) 643 3000.
Application packs are available and returnable to Sharon Biggins at the school Tel (0191) 643 3000.
Job Reference: DBS027/19
Closing date is noon on 14 February 2019
Shortlisting on 28 February 2019
Interviews to be held on 5 and 6 March 2019
Beacon Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.