We have a stunning opportunity for a talented and experienced leader to join our Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate is required to have proven experience leading on pastoral care, student welfare and behaviour management.
The Streetly Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Paralympic values.
We can offer you;
• A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
• A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
• A large and successful sixth form
• Excellent professional development / guidance and opportunities to progress through our extensive CPD program
• Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance.
• A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
• Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for a leader who;
• Is an innovative, enthusiastic team player with a passion for teaching and an ability to bring it to life in the classroom
• Has a developed understanding of what exceptional behaviour and conduct looks like, and a passion for managing and maintaining throughout the school
• Has extensive experience of safeguarding students and keeping up to date with legislation.
• Has strong and proven impact in driving pastoral systems and teams
• Is able to create an ethos within which their direct reports are motivated and supported to develop their skills and knowledge
• Can build on established successful practices and develop new strategies to meet future challenges
• Has unwavering commitment to inclusion and wellbeing without exception or bias
• Has continued commitment to their own professional development
Applications are welcomed from experienced teachers and the successful applicant will be supported by an excellent department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive school and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then please apply below. Last date for receipt of completed applications 16 May 2021. Interviews to be held week commencing 24 May 2021. We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and a prohibition from teaching check.
The Streetly Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Streetly Academy will develop its students and staff, and working with parents, enable our PRIDE values in everything we do.
The Streetly Academy is an oversubscribed 11-18 school, with Sports College status, in the heart of the community....