Rated as Outstanding by Ofsted
‘The ethos and culture of the school develop both students and staff equally well and create an enthusiasm for learning’
The Sixth Form is outstanding. It is highly successful in helping students to move on to higher education, training or employment’
Leaders at all levels, managers and governors are relentless in their drive to bring about further improvement, particularly to the quality of teaching and students’ achievement.
1177 students on roll and growing
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher to lead in this high-achieving and
inclusive 11-18 academy school.
· Be highly organised, and passionate about ensuring excellence for all in teaching, learning and achievement
· Be aspirational about your own professional development and that of others
· Have excellent communication and motivational skills
· Have a track record of leading and inspiring successful teams
· Be committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all our young people
The successful candidate will play a decisive role in the team which moves this outstanding school into its next phase of development.
We can offer you:
- A key leadership role in an excellent school that is continually seeking to improve
- Support and challenge in a high performing leadership team
- Responsibility to lead and develop teams of staff to drive forward whole school initiatives
- The scope to be creative and innovative in developing approaches to teaching, learning and the curriculum
- The opportunity to contribute to our Teaching School Alliance
- Preparation for Headship
You will find a school and sixth form that build strong partnerships between staff, students, parents and the wider community. We have a talented hardworking staff, united in their belief that only the best is good enough for our young people. If you are approachable, able to inspire, challenge and develop colleagues, and want to share your vision, passion and energy through leading in this key role, then this may be the job for you!
Please download the Application forms and further details from our website www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 26 February 2018
Interview dates: Thursday 15 March 2018 and Friday 16 March 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.