Do you want to make an impact in a school that is moving forward with exciting times ahead? We wish to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and innovative senior leader for our Deputy Headteacher, Teaching and Learning post.
The Royal Greenwich Trust School (RGTS) is an expanding mixed secondary school, currently with Year 7, Year 8 and a Sixth Form. At present, we are undergoing an exciting new expansion to the school building to accommodate further students as we grow. Our students’ enjoy a varied curriculum which embraces and supports different learning styles, abilities and talents. Our thriving sixth form offers both A Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications. RGTS places learner engagement and learner voice at the heart of its vision.
As a Deputy Headteacher for Teaching and Learning you will:
• share responsibility for all policies, decision-making and strategic planning involved in the management of the school
• develop the school as a learning, researching and self-evaluating organisation
• lead on all aspects of teaching and learning, quality assurance, self-evaluation and professional development
• set the highest professional standards and maintaining a visible presence around the school.
• be able to demonstrate belief in RGTS and University Trust Schools ethos and values.
In return we offer:
• outstanding facilities, working with friendly, supportive, forward looking, hardworking and enthusiastic team of staff with the desire and skills to improve outcomes.
• an ideal location in the Royal Borough of Greenwich near to the O2 and Thames Barrier
• free staff breakfast
• the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the strategic development of the school
• Pay Range: L20 - L24
To learn more about our benefits please follow the link https://www.ust.london/666/royal-greenwich-trust-school-1
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
RGTS is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants.
The school is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Job descriptions and application information can be found on the school's website https://rgts17.rgtrustschool.net/staff-vacancies/
If you have any questions, please contact Fiona Benjamin, Senior HR Advisor via email email@example.com or phone 020 8312 5480.
Closing Date: Monday, 22nd April 2019
Location: Greenwich, SE London
Start date: September 2019