Linden Lodge is a day and weekly residential special school for sensory impaired children and young adults (2–19 yrs) many of whom have additional needs. At our recent residential Ofsted (January 2019), the effectiveness of our school’s leaders and managers was judged to be outstanding.
We are seeking to recruit a Deputy Head Teacher with the passion and commitment to contribute to our fast-paced development work.
The Deputy Head Teacher will play a vital role in developing both the curriculum and Quality of Education. You will also be responsible for supporting the Headteacher with the day to day running of the School in partnership with other senior and middle managers.
A qualification as a teacher of the visually-impaired and/or multi-sensory-impaired is desirable. Candidates without this qualification will be supported to obtain the mandatory qualification.
We are seeking applicants who can demonstrate:
- Outstanding teaching of children with SEN
- Excellent communication skills
- A clear understanding of best practice in SEND
- The ability to inspire staff to attain the highest standards of teaching and learning
- The ability to develop strong partnerships with parents, colleagues and the community
- The ability to communicate and model the school’s vision and values
- A clear understanding of and commitment to the highest standards of pupil care and safeguarding
- An ability work collaboratively and flexibly with others to meet the needs of pupils.
We can offer you:
- “Leaders and managers who have created a culture of high expectations and continued learning improvement”(Ofsted January 2019)
- An enthusiastic dynamic and talented management and staff team
- A highly specialist teaching and learning environment
- A high level of support and access to CPD.Staff Health and Wellbeing programme
- A warm positive working environment where everyone is valued
- The opportunity to undertake mandatory training.
School Tour: We ask that applicants visit the school before applying for this post. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Louise Greenwood to arrange a suitable date and time.
To apply please download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website.
Completed applications should be emailed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Linden Lodge School, 61 Princes Way, Wimbledon Park. London, SW19 6JB
Closing date: Monday 22 April 2019 at Midnight
Shortlisting: Week commencing 6th May
Interview: Week commencing 13th May
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Please note CVs are not accepted.