Salary: L8 - 12 ( £46 799 to £51 639 )
Contract type: Full time (two days class based and three days leadership release time)
The children of Farnworth CE Primary deserve the very best; we care enormously about them; want each and every one of them to develop their true potential and we work hard for them. If you believe you too could be wholehearted in committing to this ethos then you may be the person for us. Owing to the promotion of the current post holder, we are looking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to assist the Headteacher in leading the development of our school as we move into our next exciting phase. This would be an ideal post for an individual with aspirations towards Headship.
We are seeking someone who is:
- lead the inclusion and safeguarding agendas across our school
- demonstrate a proven track record of raising both pupil attainment and standards of teaching and learning
- have a flair for analytical and strategic thinking in relation to school improvement
- evidence a strong reputation for successfully meeting the needs of a wide range of pupils
- share a strong vision and ethos that supports our Christian values and culture
- have experience of middle / senior leadership in a primary setting
- value the engagement of parents and the community
- enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve
- show you have the skills to be able to lead whole school change, developing an inclusive, positive and collaborative learning culture with all members of the school community
- lead by example in all aspects of school life; including teaching.
In return, we will offer you:
- the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the further development of the school
- passionate, articulate and highly motivated children who are a joy to teach
- a supportive team incorporating staff, governors, parents and parishioners who are all committed to helping our children to flourish
- a commitment to support your professional development to the next stage of your career
If you believe you can rise to the challenges and opportunities of this exciting post, we would like you to convince us that you are that special person we are looking for.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An application pack is available via e-mail from our School Business Manager: email@example.com
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school on the following dates:
Monday 16 April 1.30 pm or 4.00 pm
Wednesday 18 April 1.30 pm
Closing Date: Friday 20 April 12 noon
Day 1: Visits to shortlisted applicants’ schools including lesson observation and guided school tour: Monday 30 April to Wednesday 2 May
Following Day 1, successful applicants invited for Day 2 interview, presentation and final tasks: Friday 4 May