About the role: Cherry Pips Nursery, part of Cherry Orchard Primary Academy, have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Nursery Manager to join us and be part of our brand new Academy which opened in September 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Early Years practitioner to join a newly formed team and support the Nursery Manager in overseeing the operation of the Nursery to the highest standards, ensuring that the best possible environment and care are provided for children from 3 years old. We are looking for an excellent practitioner who will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families. The working basis of this role is 37.5 hours per week throughout the full year, with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Previous, recent experience in a similar setting
- Proven success in providing support for management of a similar provision
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to organise own work and that of others, identify priorities and meet outcomes
- Lead by example, demonstrating high levels of drive, enthusiasm and passion with proven ability to motivate others
- Excellent written communication with ability to produce and evaluate reports
- Up to date knowledge of EYFS framework and other relevant regulations
- Knowledge of safeguarding children
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
For more information, please consult the Job Description by clicking here.
Working for the Academy: Cherry Pips Nursery is part of Cherry Orchards Primary Academy, a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6, initially opening with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. For September 2018 we will expand to Year 3.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for 26 pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.