We are looking to recruit an exceptional Deputy SENCO to join our SEN Team.
We are looking for colleagues who share the drive and passion necessary to ensure every student achieves their potential. We are dedicated to supporting staff to build a fulfilling career offering excellent support and development.
The Deputy SENCO is responsible for assisting SENCO with the coordination of the SEN Department in order to provide support for our students. The successful candidate will manage the team of Co-Educators as well as co-ordinating day to day timetabling of in-class support, work with the exams officer to co-ordinate exam arrangement and support EHCP plans and annual reviews.
The SEN team support students individually in one to one meetings, in small groups and in class working with the students on a range of needs to remove any barriers to learning.
The successful candidate should demonstrate they can:
- Support the SENCO across both academies to ensure high quality provision for all SEN students
- Oversee the Preparation of paperwork for all Annual Reviews, including running these meetings
- Manage SEND staff in the deployment of Co-Educators and the delivery of interventions
- Collaborate closely with teaching staff and the pastoral teams in order to achieve effective provision including cover
- Maintain the SEN register and other records in line with Code of Practice
- Oversee students coded SEN K ensuring that everything is in place for them to make progress in line with their targets.
The role is band 5 FTE £27,289, hours as follows:
37 hours per week (8:00am - 16:00 pm) Monday to Friday, 39 Weeks Term Time. Actual Salary £23,195.
- English secondary schools