We are looking for an inspirational SEND Teacher, holding QTS, to join Harris Garrard Academy to drive forward a seamless transition across the primary to secondary phases.
You will be supporting the existing SENCO in working across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 across the transition to KS3, with matters such as:
- Identification of children with SEND
- EHCP plans
- Engagement with stakeholders, including parents
- Supporting teachers and support staff ensure their teaching is well matched to the needs of individual pupils
Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by highly experienced executive principals with proven track records of school transformation.
Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- A willingness to try new things and to help develop new strategies in curriculum and assessment;
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Visits are strongly encouraged and very welcome.
For more information, please contact the careers team on 0208 253 7777.
Are you an Aspiring Senior Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We offer the opportunity for you to gain your NPQSL qualification, a dynamic development programme for middle leaders potentially one year away from senior leadership. This programme is led by some of the most talented principals in the country and delivered by high-performing principals and senior leaders with exceptional track-records. Our leaders have a wealth of knowledge and are highly experienced in improving outcomes for students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.