Llandovery College is one of the leading independent educational establishments in Wales. Comprising a nursery school, prep school and senior school, our ethos is driven by pride, passion and performance. Our values are compassion, tolerance, kindness, integrity, generosity of spirit combined with a commitment to service and academic excellence.
Ours is a dynamic boarding and day school in which you will discover an engaging, stimulating and busy environment. With 300 pupils and over 100 committed staff there is an impressive teacher to pupil ratio, excellent facilities and a supportive culture.
- Salary of c£50,000
- Accommodation/relocation package
- The opportunity to play a key senior leadership role in a remarkable educational establishment We will offer assistance with relocation and accommodation costs in this area of stunning beauty.
As the Deputy Warden, you will be responsible for the day-to-day academic and pastoral operations of the College and to deputise for the Warden in all aspects of College leadership during periods when the Warden is absent.
A key element of the responsibility is to ensure that we demonstrate our commitment to our mission to build a caring community that recognises and nurtures the innate ability in every individual. The Deputy Warden will report to, and deputise for, the Warden, join the Strategy Group and sit on the Senior Leadership Team.
The role will also include:
- Assisting the Warden in the development and implementation of College policy and strategy
- Supporting the boarding aspects of school life
- Taking the lead in planning, preparing and managing inspections
- Overseeing fire practices and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Leading and directing others in the use of the College information management system
- Reporting to the Governors as required
- Supporting the development of all pupils in accordance with the College mission
To be considered for the role of Deputy Warden you will need:
- Previous experience in leadership within education
- To submit a brief covering letter and CV before 5pm on 16 March 2018
- To be available to attend a two day assessment on the 21 and 22 March 2018
Ideally, you will have experience of the independent sector, however, this is not essential.
Llandovery College is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment.