Aylesford School and Sixth Form College is a forward thinking and exciting educational environment. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our students and our community.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Design & Technology with the ability to teach Product Design up to A Level. This post would suit either an experienced teacher or someone new to the profession as we are keen to appoint the right person who will help take the department forward.
Studying D&T at Aylesford School:
- Technology at key stage 3 is taught in 8 mixed ability groups on a rotation with each module lasting 10 weeks; 4 lessons per fortnight. Students will study a mixture of subjects during the academic year including D&T, food and nutrition, textiles and information technology.
- Students can choose a GCSE in D&T. The subjects we currently offer at key stage 4 are Product Design, Graphics, Electronics, Food & Nutrition and Textiles. We follow the OCR exam board at GCSE.
- Our Sixth Form students can choose to study Product Design at A Level. We follow the Eduqas exam board.
D&T Facilities at Aylesford School:
- Aylesford has two workshops equipped with machines such as vacuum forming, Startrite bandsaws, wood and metal lathes, milling, dip-coating, various sanders, vibro-saws, drilling and comprehensive Flamefast heat-treatment etc. A side room provides us with a machine room housing a circular saw and a planer / thicknesser.
- Aylesford also has an electronics room complete with computers, soldering equipment and 3D printers. In addition to the specific D&T spaces there are two food technology rooms; a textiles room and ICT rooms which can be used for theory lessons.
- Two technicians support the D&T department; one technician is based in food technology and the other supports the D&T product design, graphics and electronics classes.
Please refer to the person specification for key requirements of this role.
If you are imaginative, inspirational and want to develop your career in our supportive and stimulating environment, please complete the application form available in the application pack.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please email completed application forms FAO Anna Timson, HR Officer & Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Miss A Timson, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, Warwickshire CV34 6XR.
Please telephone 01926 747100 or email email@example.com with any queries or to arrange a visit to the School.
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available from the School Website.
To apply, please visit our website.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 17 October 2019.
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 18 October 2019.
Interview date: w/c 21 October 2019.
Aylesford School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.