Design & Technology Teacher
Bateen World Academy
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 1 March 2018
Design & Technology Teacher
Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Design & Technology Teacher for Al Bateen Academy commencing August 2018. The school provides high quality education from the ages of 11 to 18 and follows the English National Curriculum, with an international dimension, in Years 7 to 9. In Years 10 and 11 students complete their I/GCSE qualifications and in Years 12 and 13 study the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB DP) Programme.
The successful candidate will able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
- Tax Free Salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance and Air Fare
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- BA Degree in Education or BA Degree with PGCE in Education and minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Strong experience teaching English National Curriculum and the IB Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.
About Bateen World Academy
- Bateen World Academy
- St No 28 Khalifa ben Shakhbout, Intsctn w/St No11 Al Bateen St, Al Manaseer Area
- Abu Dhabi
- United Arab Emirates
Welcome to Bateen World Academy
Bateen World Academy opened in September 2011 to provide high quality education from the ages of 4 to 18. The school follows the IB PYP for FS2 to Year 3, English National Curriculum, with an international dimension, in Years 7 to 9. In Years 10 and 11 students complete their I/GCSE qualifications and in Years 12 and 13 study the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB DP) Programme. Primary was introduced in 2019 and expansion is planned for all year groups over the next few years.
We aim to provide an outstanding international, holistic education in a creative, safe, caring and inclusive learning environment. Bateen World Academy offers an extensive curriculum with world class facilities including science labs, drama studio and auditorium, DT specialist workshops for resistant materials, textiles, graphics, electronics and food, PE areas including full size astroturf, indoor pool, dance studio, Art rooms for ceramics, photography and an IB studio. Students have a wide range of subjects and learning activities to participate in both during lessons and after school.
Bateen World Academy is an inclusive school with outstanding results at both IGCSE and IB level, with students achieving significantly higher than national and international standards. We want our students to achieve and develop the necessary skills and competences needed for study at university and their chosen career. If you are a dedicated teacher who is passionate about supporting student learning and wants to work in a rewarding and innovative international school, then BWA is where you want to be next in your teaching career.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.