Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Design and Technology Teacher/ Design and Technology NQT to join a “Good” inclusive secondary school located in Richmond upon Thames, London, England. The school requires a Design and Technology Teacher/ Design and Technology NQT who would need to be confident in teaching all DT disciplines within the KS3 curriculum. This full time fixed term contract is due to start in September 2019, and will run through at least until the end of the academic year. There is potential for this role to become permanent. The school will consider an NQT as well as a highly experienced teacher.
About the Role
• Design and Technology Teacher/ Design and Technology NQT
• Teaching KS3 timetable
• Full time fixed term contract
• Salary between £27,596 - £43,348 (depending on experience)
About the School
• New inclusive secondary school established in 2015
• ‘’Good’’ overall with ‘’Outstanding’’ grades for personal development, behaviour and welfare of students, as well as for effectiveness of leadership and management
• Students benefit from being in a small close-knit group, all known individually and taught by a dedicated team of teachers
• Planning is also underway to extend the accommodation for the September 2020 intake
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Design and Technology Teacher/ Design and Technology NQT will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE /or equivalent teaching degree with QTS in Design and Technology
• Proven experience teaching the UK , or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number IXK47050DT.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.