We are seeking an energetic and experienced Design & Technology Technician to assist the Director of Learning (Design & Technology) in preparing practical learning areas, to assist in administration and health & safety requirements.
You will be responsible for using DT machinery effectively and safely, providing an effective support service to staff and pupils in the workshops. You will prepare materials, machinery, equipment, components, resources, tools and fixtures for focussed demonstrations, and ensure that all hand tools are available and in good, safe condition.
What we are looking for:
- An understanding of the Schemes of Work & syllabi of Design Technology in order to prepare for practical lessons
- Excellent, relevant technical skills, and experience of working with a range of DT equipment and resources
- The ability to encourage and inspire young people to achieve, and an understanding of the importance of students achieving their full potential
Candidates should have the ability to work with initiative and commitment, under general guidance of line manager and must have relevant and current health and safety training and qualifications. A background in construction, engineering, applied science, electronics and/or “design & make” would be an advantage. Knowledge and experience of the range of machinery usually found in school workshops would be preferable.
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Academy Purley
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012.
We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 44 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on 020 8681 1141.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.