Design and Technology Technician (Part-time)
18 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time, plus 2 weeks),
Grade H3 SCP 14-17: Pro rata salary £7,463.96-£7,883.73 per annum
Inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Could you be an enthusiastic and inspirational DT Technician who would like to join an academy rated as Good by Ofsted?
If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best, then this is the job for you.
As a DT Technician you will support the Design & Technology department with the preparation and maintenance of materials and equipment before and at the end of lessons. You will be able to use tools and machinery and CNC machines within the DT workshop in an educational setting. You will also facilitate learning in the DT area by working alongside staff and students.
We can offer:
- Professional development opportunities
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
- A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
- An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
- Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
- The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million new building with excellent facilities
- A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer.
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy, with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’, then we would welcome your application.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 20 November 2017
Interviews: Thursday 23 November 2017
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.