Academy: Leeds City Academy
Post title: Design and Technology Technician including Food and Textiles
Grade: B1 .13 - .17 £17, 391 - £18, 672 Pro Rata £15, 947 - £17, 122 TTO plus 20 days
Accountable to: Zone Leader for Active and Design
Leeds City Academy is an 11-16 sponsored Academy situated close to Leeds University. Our student body are highly talented and extremely aspirational. The vast majority of our students speak English as an additional language, but we see this as a hugely positive and inspiring skill. Our leadership team are committed to an Academy which works hard to reduce teacher work load and we have a fantastic benefit scheme run through Perkbox. Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy. Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career, come and join us on our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We are seeking an enthusiastic talented Design and Technology Technician to work across the Technology Department supporting Graphics, Product Design, IT, Food and Textiles. The successful applicant will join a well led, collaborative and supportive Active and Design Faculty. Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience in resistant materials who would be able to facilitate the use of/ maintain woodwork machinery.
To provide a safe working environment within the Technology Faculty in line with the ethos and expectations of the academy.
To work closely within the department taking a direct responsibility for the preparation and requirements of planned lessons and teaching staff.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide Technical Support for teaching staff in the Faculty.
· Co-ordinate the use and development of practical resource and facilities meeting the requirements of the curriculum
· Ensure maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment
· Keep up to date with current health and safety procedure
· The safe treatment and disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and response to actual or potential hazards
· The healthy and safe storage and accessibility to equipment and materials
· Maintain apparatus within each of the technologies (Resistant materials, food and textiles)
· Provide equipment and materials to support practical lessons and ensure its safe removal on completion
· Complete both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment ensuring all is carried out to the required standard
· Help to compile orders as well as any last minute requirements for practical lessons i.e. food tech
· Ensure suitable materials are available and on hand, maintain stock levels including doing regular stock takes of the food technology supplies as well as other technology subjects
· Maintain up to date records for all equipment and stock, regular checks will be required
· Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, including costing, sourcing and suggesting economic alternatives
· Maintain accurate up to date financial records of department spend
· Classroom assistance for practical lessons when required including after school
· Preparation and display of all health and safety requirements for all machinery and equipment in the Food area and update as required to British Standards stated in the area policy
· For health and hygiene purposes: an impeccable standard of food safety, hygiene & cleanliness is required for all rooms, equipment & resources in the Food Technology area on a daily basis
· Use ICT effectively to perform duties in an efficient manner and to support the use of ICT equipment within the faculty
· General Admin and reprographics for the Technology department including maintaining paper levels in school wide photocopying machines
· Uphold the professional standards of dress, behaviour, attitudes and team spirit which will ensure that Leeds City Academy is a pleasant positive place to learn and work
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of Outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on Innovation, Leadership Development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
As a Trust we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing date: 25 January 2019 12:00 noon
Shortlisting date: 25 January 2019
Interview date: W/C 27January 2019
Start date: ASAP
Please visit www.leedscityacademy.org.uk <http://www.leedscityacademy.org.uk/> for further information about our Academy. If you would like to apply, please complete the attached application form and return by email by 12:00 noon on the closing date of 25 January 2019. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.