Design Technician - Resistant Materials
- £20,031 FTE (£10,058 actual)
- Job type:
- Part Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 11 October 2017
Design Technician – Resistant Materials
Contract type: 22.5 hours per week, actual hours to be agreed with successful candidate
Contract term: Permanent. term time only (39 weeks)
Salary: £20,031.29 FTE (£10,058.79 actual)
Our academy is transformational for young people and was judged 'Good' in all areas in January 2013. Since we opened as an academy, results have increased dramatically and this trend is continuing. Furthermore, Northampton Academy has been recognised as one of the top 20% of schools and academies nationally based on our Key Stage 4 value-added score.
Northampton Academy is looking to appoint an outstanding candidate to join our Design Technology Team. We are seeking a Technician who is flexible, enthusiastic, highly motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Applicants should have practical experience of working in a Design Technology / Engineering environment in schools or a commercial/industrial background in a relevant trade.
· Able to prepare key stage three, four and five Resistant Materials and Engineering practical’s, whilst following health and safety regulations.
· Ability to maintain machines in use within the Design Technology department.
· Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one’s own work and that of others even when under pressure
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative and with resilience
· Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
· Confident use of ICT
If you can demonstrate that you have all of the qualities listed above, and have a proven track record with the knowledge of how to achieve this, we would love to hear from you.
We will offer:
- An exciting role in a successful oversubscribed academy
- An opportunity to make a difference in the community
- A personal induction programme
- Ongoing professional training and development as well as networking opportunities throughout the group of Academies and United Learning.
- A competitive salary, an on-site fitness centre, a bespoke personal development package and a flexible benefit scheme.
Please read the Person Specification and Job Description carefully as well as looking through our website as there is a great deal of useful information available to you before you apply. We regret that we are unable to respond to every application. Therefore if you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information about the post please download the application pack from our website
The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Deadline: Thursday 12th October 2017.
Interviews: w/c 16th October 2017.
About Northampton Academy
- Northampton Academy
- Wellingborough Road, Northampton
- NN3 8NH
- United Kingdom
Northampton Academy is a transformational comprehensive and non-selective school, serving a diverse community. We were proud to be judged 'outstanding' by Ofsted in all areas in March 2023. Our values, which underpin every decision we take, are RESPECT, DETERMINATION, AMBITION, TOLERANCE and INTEGRITY. We have a comprehensive student character-building programme, which has been nationally recognised through the Character Quality Mark Plus that was awarded in November 2021.
The leadership of the academy is completely determined to create an environment in which teachers can get on with their core role: delivering excellent lessons. To this end, the student behaviour system is clear and simple and easy to administer in lessons. If action is needed beyond these simple steps, the pastoral and senior teams take all the burden away from the teachers, conducting detentions, following up and dealing with parents on your behalf. Teachers at the academy speak of this as one of the major benefits of working here. In addition to this, teachers are trusted to be professionals through:
- A genuine ‘flexi-working’ approach with at least one opportunity a week to come in late or leave early for every teaching member of staff
- No unannounced observations
- No lesson grading
- 3 extra INSET days per year for joint team planning
- A feedback and recognition policy that lets teachers decide the best feedback mechanism for their own classes, rather than having this prescribed centrally
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.