DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Main or Upper Pay Range - Full-time
Required for September 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a progressive Design and Technology department and create outstanding learning opportunities. We are seeking a full time Design and Technology teacher to help deliver the new AQA DT specification including Resistant Materials, Graphics, Textiles and possibly some KS3 Art or Food. The successful candidate will be proactive and will actively look for opportunities to engage the natural inquisitiveness of our learners. Candidates should be able to enthuse pupils and contribute positively to help develop the curriculum provision offered by the team.
- Be a motivated teacher who inspires your pupils and is keen to work with colleagues to develop the delivery of the DT curriculum
- Be innovative and resourceful when delivering curriculum
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Have the high expectations of your pupils, the school and yourself
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in an innovative and forward thinking school
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the links in this advert. Applications can also be made via the "quick apply" option in this advert.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 15 March 2018 by 5.00 pm
Interviews will take place on 22 March 2018
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact Mr Kaol Rasarathnam with any queries about the role firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be sent to the Headteacher at the above address or emailed to email@example.com
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Worthing High School is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR.
We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools.