Digital and Web Design Media Teacher
The Global Academy
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Part Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- Apply by:
- 3 January 2018
The Global Academy opened its doors in September 2016 to the first cohort of students. September 2017 sees us double our student numbers which means we are on the lookout for phenomenal teachers to join our existing small staff body.
What’s it all about?
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our values are underpinned by our Obsession statement and our commitment to crafting everything we do to be the very best it can be. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well-being and that of others.
Main purpose of the job:
• To help lead the Digital department in the delivery of graphics and web design.
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in your classes ensuring quality of opportunity for all.
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct.
• Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, others staff and external agencies in the best interests of students.
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012).
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy.
About The Global Academy
- The Global Academy
- The Old Vinyl Factory, 1 Record Walk, Hayes
- UB3 1DH
- United Kingdom
Welcome to Global Academy – a unique media school for Year 10 – 13 students in West London that prepares young people for a career in the creative media industry in partnership with Global - one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. We also train young adults on our one year Creative Entrepreneurship Professional Diploma programme for 18+ students as a fast track into the creative industry and a unique alternative to Higher Education.
Whether it be on-air, via global player or through their outdoor advertising – Global entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week. We also work closely with UAL: London College of Communication. University of the Arts London (UAL) is a world-leading university for art and design (ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2021 QS World University Rankings®) and works right alongside the Global Academy team to deliver an amazing educational experience that will set students up for long-term success in the creative industries.
Values and vision
Our vision is to practically educate our young people to be ready for life in the creative media
sector, linking all education through our specialism in broadcast and digital media. Our school culture is driven by four key values that kickstart us for a career in the creative media industry: Thing BIG, Own It, Keep it Simple and Better Together. Our Global values are defined by four meaningful statements. They’re more than just words, they define what we do and how we do it, and they’re the values we expect to see in every single Globaller. By doing this, we aim to create inquisitive, confident and reflective students who can harness their creativity to progress their own well- being and that of others.
Global Academy is committed to the welfare of its staff and offers a strong CPD package which allows all staff to share ideas and best practice. Global Academy is a state-funded school based in Hayes with state of the art facilities including 8 radio studios, 3 TV Studios, an Esports Studio and industry standard editing suites - allowing our students to learn the skills needed to make it in the media and broadcast industry.
We work closely with our industry connections to ensure the skills we teach are the ones companies are looking for and our students leave the academy with a network of contacts along with the ability to progress into further education or employment.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.