Generations Christian Education is a non-for-profit organisation, with other 30 years at the forefront of Christian International education in Hong Kong, encompassing Small World Christian Kindergarten (*SWCK*), Norwegian International School (NIS) (Kindergarten and Primary campuses), Island Christian Academy (*Island CA*), and a Small World (Generations) Playgroup. The organisation is dedicated to providing high quality English language International education based on sound faith-based foundations. Our schools nurture the whole child in an environment where each student is empowered to flourish academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
We are looking for dynamic, self-starters who are able to think outside-the-box and function cross-culturally in a 21st Century learning, growth mindset environment to fill these roles. We offer a collaborative work environment where team players are valued and a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits.
Please log on to http://www.generations.edu.hk/working-with-us/currentopenings/ to learn more about the position and to download the Staff Application Form and view the job descriptions. Applicants are required to attach a covering letter, complete and submit the Staff Application Form and required documents by 2 January 2019.
Interested in leading Digital Learning in our school?
Island Christian Academy is a community-minded International School located in the vibrant Soho district in Hong Kong. Island Christian Academy currently has an enrolment of 415 students in Years 1-8. The school is in its seventh successful year of operation and actively explaining!
The school is now seeking a passionate, experienced teacher to take on brand new role in our school as Digital Learning Leader, to join our growing team! They will help shape the future of our programmes across the school to improve our leveraging and integration of digital tools and technologies to improve student outcomes in all areas of learning.
The Digital Learning Leader plays a key role alongside the SLT to develop and grow Island CA’s digital capacity in both organisational development and teaching and learning. They partner with teachers and leaders to develop strategies and approaches to teaching and learning that leverage digital tools and technologies to enhance the student learning outcomes across the curriculum. They coach and mentor teachers as well as delivering aspects of the ICT curriculum to specific year groups both in face-to-face lessons and through the ECA programme.
The Digital Learning Leader will advocate for development and innovation and be a key voice in shaping and implementing strategic projects and innovations which incorporate digital technologies, to enhance learning outcomes for students!
Our school mission is to:
To help achieve this mission, the Digital Learning Leader will:
- Coach and mentor teachers in a range of settings to improve their personal digital skills and guide the integration of digital tools and technologies into teaching and learning across the school.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the school by participating in the shaping of the School Development Plan.
- Design and support the development of scope and sequences and curriculum documentation.
- Review and contribute to the shaping of Digital Strategies as well as planning for organisation-wide digital tools and development such as SeeSaw and Google Apps.
- Collaborate with the Principal, SLT and Generations ICT staff to help plan for future capacity.
- Educate and communicate within the community on issues relating to digital skills development and the impact of technologies in the 21st century.
- Develop networks and partnerships with other schools and organisations in Hong Kong to support the development of Island CA’s programme and to continue to keep abreast of current trends and current trends and challenges.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced, successful classroom practitioner with a desire to make a difference in our community of leaders
- Be able to demonstrate their commitment to being a lifelong learner
- Be passionate about Christian education and excited to shape the lives of future generations
- Know how to inspire and lead others through challenge, change and innovation
- Have a diverse applied knowledge of educational practices and models, including enquiry based education and innovative learning environments.
- Be committed to developing collaborative practices with students and staff
- Be a passionate advocate for the effective integration of digital tools and technologies to improve learning outcomes for students
- Have a proven track record of successful development and integration of digital tools and technologies within their own teaching practice or at school or district-wide level
If the role sounds like the right next step in your career, we look forward to hearing from you about how you might be the right person to join our team and help shape the future of learning here at Island Christian Academy!