Contract Term: 2 years renewable
Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,860 students and a total faculty size of 184. In Secondary, there are 88 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
VSA is now recruiting an enthusiastic and committed teacher for the above position for the school year beginning August 2018. It is envisaged that this role will work with MYP students and teachers to support the integration of technology and digital literacy across the curriculum.
The ideal candidate will have / be
- Fully certified teacher with at least five years of verifiable classroom experience, preferably in a PYP and/or MYP school or a similar inquiry based and transdisciplinary curriculum.
- Higher degree/graduate certificate in Educational Technology
- One or more of the following: Apple Distinguished Educator, Google Certified Teacher, Adobe Certified Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Educational Leader.
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction, and their relation to technology integration.
- Experience in implementing technology initiatives such as learning networks (VLE/LMS, Blogs), digital citizenship, robotics and programming to support effective teaching and learning practice
- Experience working in 1:1 learning environments
- In-depth understanding of technology operations and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple software and ability to troubleshoot technology issues.
- Experience evaluating learning technology integration
- Superior communication skills to work with teachers with a range of technological expertise
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of the educational philosophy and full resume to the Secondary Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 February 2018.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)