Do you share our determination to give the most vulnerable children and young people the best chances to succeed and thrive in their adult lives?
Are you a leader who can inspire teaching teams in our pioneering network of alternative provision academies to successfully deliver an innovative curriculum which truly engages and meets the needs of our pupils?
Olive Academies is one of the first multi-academy trusts to specialise in alternative provision. We support children and young people who have experienced significant difficulties learning in mainstream schools. We work with children who are at risk of exclusion, those who have been permanently excluded from school and those who have medical needs.
You can find out more about us and our work at www.oliveacademies.org.uk
Our academies and our outreach service for schools are growing again and the Trust is looking to appoint a new Director of Academies.
This is a significant appointment for Olive Academies. The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO of the Trust and will be a member of the central Strategic Leadership Group. The Director of Academies will have responsibility for all aspects of the implementation of our curriculum and delivery of the teaching and learning strategy across our network of academies.
The post will be based in all three of our academies (Thurrock, Havering and Suffolk) and will require close collaboration with headteachers, senior leaders and members of the Academy Advisory Boards. The Director of Academies will play a leading role in supporting academy leadership development, strategic planning and self-evaluation, raising student attainment, achievement and behaviour, curriculum planning, safeguarding, recruitment, performance management and professional development.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate an outstanding record of successful leadership in secondary phase settings.
At Olive Academies we can offer you...
- A great place to work. A supportive, highly skilled team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority.
- Attractive pay and conditions – a competitive salary is offered for this role.
- Access to a range of employee benefits to support health and wellbeing including Cycle Scheme, PerkBox, MyGym, Employee Assistance Programme and more.
- High quality personalised CPD, leadership coaching, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression.
- The freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
- Olive Academies offers great relocation support packages for candidates interested in moving near to one of our academies.
- A chance to join a pioneering network of academies which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do.
Closing date for applications: Friday 27 March (Noon)
For further information, to arrange a visit to one of our academies or to request a copy of our application pack please contact Adam Stanley in the first instance.
Adam Stanley, E: email@example.com T: 01225 945048
Visits to any of our academies by potential applicants are always welcomed. Please contact Adam Stanley to arrange this.
You can also download an OA brochure and application form from our website: www.oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us
Please send a completed application form to Natasha Prinsloo by Friday 27 March 2020 (12 noon) E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form includes career history, a personal statement and contact details; a CV is not required. Successful applicants will use the personal statement to demonstrate how their experience to date has prepared them to meet the challenges of this post and how they meet the requirements outlined in the job description and person specification.
You may send a brief supporting letter with your application form if you wish.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email on receipt of their application.
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 22 April and Thursday 23 April 2020 at Olive AP Academy – Havering, Inskip Drive, Hornchurch, RM11 3UR