‘Join us on our exciting journey to become the school of first choice for our community’
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic
Director of Alternative Education and Pastoral Care
Salary range: Leadership Scale L6-10
To be accountable for the development of a high quality alternative curriculum aimed at those students in both KS3 and 4 who find the academic curriculum does not suit their needs.
To develop clear and manageable systems which lead to a consistent approach to Pastoral Care and Behaviour Management across the school.
• have a minimum of 5 years teaching experience with a track record of success in student outcomes.
• have held a key position of responsibility and be able to demonstrate the successful nature of that post
• have experience of managing budgets/resources
• have experience within a challenging school environment.
We can offer:
• A well paid leadership position, overseeing Heads of House and staff associated with the ‘Off-site facility.
• An opportunity to work in excellent facilities in an Ofsted ‘Good’ school.
• The chance for you to truly make your mark.
• A committed and supportive environment with an excellent staff reward programme including staff social trips and staff exercise classes.
Completed Academy application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept C.V.s or approaches from agencies.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 15th October 2018
Interviews: Thursday 18th October 2018
Informal chats and visits are very welcome, if you would like to visit or discuss the post please see our recruitment pack available on our website www.bexhillhigh.org for more details.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.