Director of English
We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational individual to lead our English Department and deliver a curriculum that is exciting, innovative and diverse. This is a rare opportunity to take on the leadership of a key department. Our mission is to foster as many possible talents of the individual, by providing an environment which motivates the child to explore.
The successful candidate will ensure that the provision of English across the school is outstanding and everybody is engaged positively in learning and the standards of progress are excellent. The successul candidate will be an experienced professional with a sound knowledge of the complexities of teaching, learning and curriculum development.
The school, which was established in 1979, is one of the founding schools in Al Ain and is held in high regard by the local community for its pioneering education.
The successful applicant will:
· Be an enthusiastic and consistently strong practitioner with a sound knowledge and understanding of secondary education;
· Enjoy being part of a professionally-stimulating environment;
· Promote a well organised and inspiring learning environment;
· Offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to pupils;
· Be committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life;
· Be reflective and continually strive to improve performance;
· Have the ability to effectively managing LSAs;
· Be an effective communicator with parents and colleagues both in and out of school;
· Have minimum of 2 years experience and relevant degree/pgce.
· An attractive and competitive tax free salary.
· High quality furnished accommodation.
· Generous medical insurance.
· Return annual flights to your home country.
· Visa costs and end of service gratuity.
· Year-round sunshine.
Benefits of living in Al Ain & the UAE:
Living in Al Ain City, offers teachers extremely affordable living in an exceptionally friendly and cosmopolitan environment. Staff enjoy an excellent lifestyle, with plentiful leisure facilities (E.g. Rugby, Golf, Swimming, discounted hotel memberships) and fascinating tourist attractions (E.g. Al Ain Zoo, Wadi Adventure, Jebel Hafeet).With the thrill and bright lights of Dubai and Abu Dhabi on our doorstep, staff have extensive opportunities for travel around the Gulf region and further afield.
The position is a full-time, permanent role and offers a highly competitive salary. Applications can be submitted via the TES online application form.
Interviews will take place at various locations in the United Kingdom February/March 2019.
Al Ain English Speaking School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS and employment references and ADEK approval.