Director of English
Salary: From L8-L12 depending on experience
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2019
The Governors of this outstanding school are looking to recruit a Director of English to:
- Strategically lead the direction and development of the English department in accordance with the aims and objectives of the school
- Raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the curriculum area by ensuring the provision of an appropriately relevant and differentiated curriculum for all students and to develop and enhance the teaching practice of others
We believe the following qualities are essential in the successful applicant:
• An excellent classroom teacher
• The ability to gain trust and respect of school staff, pupils and parents
• Outstanding subject knowledge with an ability to share this with pupils in an exciting and academically rigorous way
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Evidence of recent professional development
• Outstanding communication skills, both orally and written
• Well organised and reliable
• Good knowledge of current issues relating to Teaching and Learning
• Ability to work under pressure
• Loyalty and commitment to the team
• Enthusiastic and able to bring new ideas to the school and department
• A real commitment to developing literacy and oracy across the curriculum
• An awareness in current developments in English teaching
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 17.00 on Thursday 25th April 2019. This should be sent to Victoria Lynch at Victoria.email@example.com.
Candidates will be notified if they have been successful. Interviews will be held week commencing 6th May 2019.