This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a successful and popular 11-19 inner-city comprehensive school. The school is proud of all its subjects and is especially committed to creative teaching and learning: our school has Artsmark Platinum. We aim that every colleague has excellent professional development which leads to every student having an outstanding education.
You will be leading the English Faculty where we expect you to further drive the development of this successful team, building on its strong achievements at each Key Stage. We expect you to achieve outstanding teaching for every class and outstanding results for every child. You will be supported by a strong team of responsibility holders, including a Lead Practitioner. The school also has a Literacy Intervention lead in post. You will be a member of the extended leadership team and take responsibility for a whole school initiative. You will be supported throughout by a strong leadership team who are ambitious for every student’s and every staff member’s success.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a vision for teaching English and for our English team
- Have the creativity, experience, determination, organisational and teambuilding skills to drive the continued development of this team and the future success of every one of our students in English
- Have experience of leadership in a high achieving English team
- Want the very best for and from every student and every member of staff
- Be ambitious for whole school leadership involvement
If you are interested in joining us then please contact Ioannis Mitrokotsas at the school for further information and an application form at Stoke Newington School, Clissold Road, London N16 9EY. Tel 0207 241 9678.
Visits to the school are recommended and will take place Thursday 1st February at 11.30 am or Monday 5th February at 9.00am.
Alternatively, to download an application form and apply, please visit our website.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th February 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring diversity in our workforce.