Closing Date: 12pm on Thursday 22nd March
Interviews to be held in w/c 26th March
Salary: Leadership Pay Scale
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Outstanding leader needed for an exceptional school!
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
The Position – A Learning Centre Lead who will work closely with the senior leadership team
We are seeking to appoint two dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial leaders to join our leadership team. We are looking for candidates who are committed to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy. You will be an excellent, enthusiastic and experienced middle leader and an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to teach at all levels and have the leadership skills and attributes to lead a large and diverse team as well as liaise effectively with multiple external stakeholders. These posts would suit ambitious middle leaders who have the desire to be part of the middle and senior leadership group that is dedicated to raising standards and providing quality provision for its students with aspirations towards senior leadership in the near future.
The successful candidate will have:
· Qualified Teacher Status (with ability to teach A level)
· Proven success in a leadership capacity either subject/ faculty lead or senior pastoral leads
· The ability to teach at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
· The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
· Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision.
- Awareness of and commitment to diversity and inclusion. Demonstrates respect for people, regardless of ethnic origin, gender or disability.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Contribute to an outstanding Learning Centre
· Support students to succeed beyond national expectations
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire our students.
· Enjoy an inspiring building and facilities
· To be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community
· Enjoy excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
· Have an exciting benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!”
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
TPA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.