Are you an ambitious and outstanding teacher and leader? Are you at the peak of your teaching career and seeking progression? Are you keen to join a growing collaboration of schools and make a difference? If so, this role is for you…
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to become a Director of Learning & School Improvement. You will need to have a proven track record of excellent teaching, of improving others and of leading a department / area of responsibility to sustained academic success. Within your role you will be expected to inspire teachers across the college, lead the improvement of teaching within specific subject areas and work with subject leaders to improve the quality of learning, raise student achievement and address college priorities.
You will help to lead the college’s Teaching and Learning Team, to develop strategy and to ensure effective CPD for all staff. The role will therefore require a practitioner with a diverse skillset, exceptional knowledge of curriculum frameworks and first-rate leadership skills.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity for career development towards headship. The ideal candidate will:
● be an outstanding teacher and an inspirational leader
● have a proven track record of sustained success and of raising pupil achievement
● ensure high-quality teaching and learning is delivered to all students.
● deliver staff training, CPD and INSET as part of the whole college programme
● develop meaningful partnerships within the future Trust
● understand changes in the secondary curriculum
● be organised, energetic and passionate
● have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of learners
● be a committed team player.
The closing date for this post is 14 February 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held week commencing 25 February 2019.
Horizon Community College reserve the right to close this advert prior to the closing date above.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal records bureau check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.