We are looking for a qualified Economics Teacher to join our academy as Director of Learning: Economics and Business.
You should be passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people. We look for teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations.
The faculty consists of three discrete subject: Economics, Business Studies and Computing. Within the faculty, each subject offers its GCSE qualification and at post-16, we offer A Level Computing and Economics alongside Cambridge Technical Business Studies. As Director of Learning, you will lead the faculty and act as subject lead for Economics, supported by subject leads in Business Studies and Computing. Your job purpose will be:
- To be accountable for student progress and development in the subject areas across KS4 and Sixth Form, including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards for teaching and learning across the subject areas through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of provision.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the subject areas in accordance with the Academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body.
- To ensure that all school policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject areas.
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject areas.
- To help lead development on whole school teaching and learning strategies.
- To be a highly visible whole school leader.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
- Support the subject area as appropriate and provide direction for Subject Lead and teachers.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
- Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute significantly to raising standards of students' attainment as a teacher and form tutor.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- A performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
About Chobham Academy:
Chobham Academy opened in September 2013 as part of the Harris Federation. Our 3-18 academy is a world class educational legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Situated within the East Village complex, the academy serves the community newly established in 2,800 new homes, along with existing communities in Newham and Waltham Forest. Chobham Academy is judged "Outstanding" in every category by Ofsted.
Why work at Chobham Academy?
- World-class facilities for learning, leisure and sport, creating a dynamic centre of learning and the hub of the local community
- An all-through Academy, providing unique opportunities for nurturing and developing excellence throughout the local community
- Inclusive model of learning, with an ethos based upon aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Chobham Academy are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 747 6060 to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.