Director of Maths
Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
Friern Road, East Dulwich, London, SE22 0AT
- Expiring soon
- Leadership scale (Inner London): negotiable depending on experience & skills + Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018
- Apply by:
- 18 February 2018
Due to the relocation of the current postholder, we are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Director of Maths to lead the Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich towards excellence. You will have excellent opportunities to engage in wider Harris Federation Academy improvement and professional development activities.
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of success in raising standards and in innovation.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
- To provide leadership, innovation and direction in Mathematics Learning and Teaching and Cross-Curricular Maths and maintaining Academic Excellence.
- To lead all staff within the Mathematics Faculty in delivering our vision of an outstanding, inclusive Academy with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Pupil Progress.
- To develop a safe, secure and healthy environment within the Department to enable staff and students to enjoy Learning.
- To collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team in the implementation and delivery of the Academy’s specialisms by developing a powerful cross curricular and extra-curricular Sports & Enterprise ethos that builds motivation and commitment to learning.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please contact the school on 020 8299 5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
About Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
- Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich
- Peckham Rye, East Dulwich
- SE22 0AT
- United Kingdom
Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich is a purpose built 11-18 school for boys which opened in September 2009 as the first all boys’ academy in England. The Academy accommodates 1,000 boys and benefits from a state-of-the-art purpose built building with the very latest facilities and equipment. The Academy offers a co-educational Post 16 with the nearby Harris Girls' Academy, together comprising capacity for 400 Sixth Formers. Harris Boys' was judged to be an outstanding school by Ofsted in December 2011 and has a superb group of students, teachers and support staff.
We encourage our students to be critical thinkers and promote these skills throughout the curriculum. A student at Harris Boys' Academy will learn how to engage critically with foreign affairs, religion and society, issues of citizenship and the media, so they acquire the skills, and recognise the value, of thinking for yourself and thinking in a well-reasoned manner.
We ask teachers to take the time to get to know and understand each boy. Whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle, we will always work to inspire the best in all our students. This means:
- Offering a full, broad and balanced curriculum, and helping every student find something he excels at;
- Keeping class sizes as small as possible, and employing teachers who make learning fun and engaging;
- Giving support to students who need it through extra tuition in literacy and numeracy;
- Offering a range of specialised courses for our Most Able students;
- Encouraging debate, participation, and a spirit of enquiry.
Sport and Enterprise
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.