Due to the academy growing by almost 200 students annually, based on our excellent results and our strong reputation as the 7th highest performing non selective school in the country we are seeking to appoint an inspirational Director of Maths with a passion for accelerating progress within our department.
Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Maths to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Purpose of Post:
- To rapidly raise standards and achievement through: the strategic leadership of Maths; consistently delivering outcomes that are above the national average for all students;
- To inspire imaginative and effective approaches to learning and teaching of Maths across the curriculum; which consistently drive up progress and attainment standards;
- To play a leading role in terms of supporting the development of teaching and learning across the Academy;
- To support and improve other teachers to rapidly improve their effectiveness through modelling excellent practice, professional mentoring and robust line management/holding to account;
- To consistently teach high quality lessons which deliver excellent outcomes for all students.
- Rapidly and sustainably improve the quality of teaching and learning within Maths;
- Lead the Head of Departments to improve the quality of teaching and learning and marking and feedback;
- Providing effective line management of members of staff within the Maths department;
- Raising achievement of all pupils, within the Maths, in all phases of the Academy ensuring they consistently make significantly better than expected progress
- Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Maths to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Maths;
- Be an excellent teacher;
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy;
- Have a relentless obsession about developing their own standards of teaching and learning to enable them to deliver excellent student outcomes;
- Be a committed team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships;
- Be committed to Kingswood Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders;
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 2 year career pathway rather than just a Director of Maths post;
- We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next 2 years of your career.
Our Vision is: 'to deliver world class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve' and we are rapidly becoming 'a national beacon of educational excellence in Hull'.
As a national beacon of educational excellence we will ensure that:
All students leave our academy with first-rate qualifications: Qualifications that ensure all doors remain open, giving our students the platform to compete and thrive on a global stage.
All students develop exceptional character: Character that exemplifies a true growth mind-set; a phenomenal work ethic; confidence and high levels of grit, resilience and determination; ensuring they are fully prepared to flourish in an ever-changing world.
All students leave our academy with high levels of cultural and global awareness: Awareness that develops through diverse experiences that enrich our students, enabling them to engage in, empathise with, challenge and debate current affairs beyond their local community.
All students leave with an array of positive memories that last for a lifetime: Memories that are created from students, staff and our community being fully invested in forging exceptional relationships based on trust, care, high expectations and a passion for genuinely making a difference in their life.
Ultimately our Mission is to ensure that: ‘all students have an inner-belief and ambition to fulfil their dreams and live a happy and successful life.’ We are passionate about our students ‘recognising their academic worth’ and making sure that they are ‘prepared to make bold choices in order to secure places, and thrive, at the most reputable and highest performing colleges, universities and world-class employers.’
To find more about the opportunity or to arrange a virtual video call with the Headteacher please contact Mrs. C Weightman, PA to Headteacher via email email@example.com or telephone 01482 879967.
Academies Enterprise Trust:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you’ll love to help learn.
Closing date: Saturday 27th February 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Thank you for your interest in working at Kingswood Academy.
Kingswood Academy; is a school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are also an academy where on average our stu...