Director of Maths - South Coast Region, Aspirations Academies Trust
Leadership Scale. Highly competitive salary, to be negotiated, in line with Assistant/Vice Principal.
Do you want to be part of a team in which you will help make a lasting impact on our students, many of whom are disadvantaged, and rapidly accelerate their progress?
We seek an excellent Director of Mathematics for our South Coast Region cluster of academies for a September 2018 start. This newly created position has arisen due to the continued growth of the South Coast Region cluster of academies in the Aspirations MAT and Magna Academy Poole being designated as a NCTL National Teaching School and National Support School.
This position is a very rare and exciting opportunity to drive the strategic development of the 3-19 Mathematics curriculum and provision across a growing cluster of primary and secondary academies in Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset. We wish to create a hub of excellent Maths provision. The candidate would also lead Mathematics ITT, CPD and School to School Support work as part of our National Teaching School and Support School responsibilities.
The AAT South Coast Region currently comprises of the following academies (with likely further expansion):
- Magna Academy Poole (11-19)
- Atlantic Academy Portland (3-16)
- Ocean Academy Poole (7-11)
- Jewell Academy Bournemouth (R-11)
- Livingstone Academy Bournemouth (3-19) – opening in September 2019
- Magna Academy Poole also is the home of Aspirations Teaching School Alliance
Key Purpose of the role:
- To develop the 3-19 Mathematics strategy, curriculum and pedagogy across the South Coast Region Academies, working alongside the Academies on the effective delivery of the Mathematics curriculum
- To monitor and support the overall progress and achievement of students in Mathematics across Atlantic Academy, Magna Academy, Ocean Academy and Jewell Academy (and other AAT South Coast Region academies as the Region grows e.g. Livingstone Academy)
- To develop, lead and support the strategic development of Mathematics across the AAT Academies in the South Coast Region
- To lead on supporting the continuous improvement of the Mathematics curriculum across the South Coast Region
- To lead on supporting the continuous improvement of Mathematics teaching across the South Coast Region
- To provide support and guidance to the South Coast Region Heads of Maths and Maths subject leaders
- To lead on further driving up attainment and progress in Mathematics across the South Coast Region
- To lead on the development of Mathematics CPD, Mathematics ITT and Mathematics School to School Support as part of the Aspirations National Teaching School and National Support School
- Lead and manage the Aspirations National Teaching School and National Support School Mathematics Specialist Leaders of Education and Lead Practitioners team.
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Atlantic Academy Portland or Magna Academy Poole would be your home academy and you would teach a reduced Mathematics timetable in this academy as part of your role.
The successful candidate will have very successful experience of raising attainment and progress in Maths at secondary level, as a middle leader and/or senior leader. The candidate should also have a good understanding of the new primary Mathematics curriculum and SATs.
Central to the philosophy of our Trust is the innovative Aspirations Framework, which outlines the belief that for all students to have high Aspirations, three Guiding Principles must be present: Self‐Worth, Engagement, and Purpose.
We have very high expectations of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
How to Apply:
To apply, please click on the "quick apply" button below to submit an online application.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 604222 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion about the role.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 19th February 2018.
Learn more about Magna Academy at: www.aatmagna.org
Learn more about Atlantic Academy at: www.atlantic-aspirations.org
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.