Oasis Academy Oldham is looking for a passionate and creative individual to develop a highly accessible and engaging programme of performing arts across the academy including the development of extra-curricular programmes.
We are a school on a very strong trajectory. The school is in the top 3% of the most improved schools in the country for GSCE performance over the last two years, Ofsted has praised the progress that is being made and our ethos and outstanding £30 million state-of-the-art facilities ensure we are a vital hub for our community.
We are looking for a talented and inspiring Director of Performing Arts to be responsible for re-invigorating performing arts across the academy to ensure enriching and diverse opportunities in the arts are available for all students.
This is a role in which you will be able to make a real impact. As a vital member of a dedicated and talented Creative Faculty you will be able to ensure that we become a beacon for performing arts in the local community.
In return, we can offer a firm commitment to professional development, as we have a culture where talent and dedication is nurtured, recognised and rewarded. As Ofsted stated in their last inspection of Oasis Academy Oldham; “Teachers appreciate the many opportunities that they have to improve their practice through more training”.
Furthermore, through Oasis Community Learning, the opportunities to further your career are significant. Oasis has, for example, recently been successful in a bid to open a secondary free school within Oldham. This partner school will enhance the career opportunities available – making this a very attractive position for someone committed to furthering their career in education.
The schools are committed to meeting the needs of our community, but excellent transport links to Manchester and our proximity to the M60 mean that our staff are able easily able to reach us from a much wider area.
We are looking to appoint a colleague who will:
- To develop an exciting programme of engaging and enriching activities for pupils to access
- To galvanise students in their enjoyment of performing arts subjects
- To re-design and re-modify the curriculum to ensure it meets performance measure requirements but also ensures an engaging programme for all students at both key stages
- To work with the community hub team to provide a wealth of performing arts opportunities for members of the community
- To work with an Assistant Principal to further to develop our ‘Cultural Offer’ for students
- To teach in the Creative faculty including the teaching of Drama
In return you can expect:
- A highly competitive salary and benefits including a generous pension scheme and access to our outstanding onsite gym, which is free to staff members
- Excellent and extensive opportunities for professional development
- The opportunity to join an organisation with a national reputation for consistently improving results and facilitating community transformation.
- Regional and national support towards career progression
- A supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team who prioritise staff and value every individual
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, building on our success and joining us on our exciting journeys, we would love to hear from you. The Principal welcomes an informal conversation either by phone or school visit.To learn more about us or to download an application pack, visit our website: www.oasisacademyoldham.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 12.00 noon on Monday 7th January 2017
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checksOasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529 and is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 1993 and 2006.