Spencer Academies Trust
Director of Post 16
5 Point Range between L12 – L22. Negotiable based on experience
With the opportunity to influence and impact on the futures of around 1200 Post 16 students across six of our eight academies and ensure the best possible destinations for all of our students leaving Year 13 each year, this an exciting new post for a high performing, medium sized trust based in the East Midlands.
We are looking for a dynamic, committed and innovative leader to support the Secondary Director of Education and Academy Principals in providing leadership and strategic direction to Post 16, careers and employability at SAT, working closely with leads of those areas at individual academy level.
This is a new post for our Trust and embodies our commitment to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to both thrive and succeed.
The successful candidate will:
- Secure rapid and sustainable improvement in KS5 outcomes across the Trust
- Widen our Post 16 offer to best meet the needs of our students
- Build sixth form capacity in leadership and support at all levels
- Target high quality curriculum and pedagogical approaches to post 16 learning, providing high quality sixth form focused CPD for staff
- Maximise our careers, information and guidance offer across all our academies to ensure the very highest quality destinations for all our learners
The appetite to achieve challenging targets for high standards of Post 16 progress and attainment across and beyond every Academy is essential.
These above-mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, the post- holder may be required to carry out other duties as required by the Trust. The Post holder will also be expected to contribute more widely to the Trust Executive Team.
SAT is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 16000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
We currently have 14 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. Another primary school is on schedule to join us over the course of 20-21, as a sponsored academy, and we are opening two new free schools in September 2021.
All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers, and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country, and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Our Mission is to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, providing an outstanding education for local children.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.”
To apply please complete the online application form available at: http://vacancies.spenceracademiestrust.co.uk/
The closing date is 8am Monday 17th May 2021
Potential interview dates are 20th/ 21st May 2021
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
Spencer Academies Trust
- English secondary schools