DIRECTOR OF SCIENCE
Leadership Pay Scale (to be agreed according to experience)
United Endeavour Trust was established in October 2015 and has grown to consist of three secondary schools currently. We are looking for a talented individual to lead our Science provision across the Trust, with an initial lead across two of our schools who are federated. You will be paid on Leadership Spine (depending on your experience) and will be on the Trust School Improvement Team, not the senior team in individual schools.
Your role will be as follows:
· Teach outstanding lessons in Trust schools for the equivalent of just over three days per week, acting as a role model for other colleagues, leading and supporting teaching and learning and supporting the faculty leaders for Science.
· Provide leadership in Science that has impact upon results and standards.
· Be an integral part of our School Improvement Team.
There are significant opportunities for your professional development through United Endeavour Trust, where succession planning and dynamic career development is one of our strategic priorities. You will have support and challenge from the Chief Executive Officer, Principals and the wider team. You will be working with others who are like-minded and who all go the extra mile to secure success for our children.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be joining a highly innovative, inspirational and ambitious organisation, so we are seeking only outstanding candidates who can deliver our vision of exceptional education. Your strong leadership, outstanding teaching and ability to provide effective support to colleagues will enable us to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our students.
We wish to appoint someone who has:
· Excellent teaching, reflective and interpersonal skills
· A passion for Science and it’s wider value in society
· The ability to lead and work as part of teams; to be flexible
· High quality organisational skills
· The ability and drive to improve outcomes for all students
· A commitment to our values and our community
As a member of our staff team we can offer:
· Excellent professional development opportunities and career progression
· A friendly, challenging and supportive working environment
· Opportunities to play a role in the evolution of the Trust
· The opportunity to make a real difference for children in our community
· CLOSING DATE: noon Thursday 15th February 2018
· INTERVIEWS: Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th February 2018
We welcome visits from interested applicants, or for further information please contact Sarah Rowell, Head of HR at email@example.com Tel: 01782 973017
To find out more about us please visit www.uetrust.org or Twitter @uetrust
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check applies.
Applications can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to HR Team, United Endeavour Trust, Ostend Place, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 2QY