Director of Science
Salary Negotiable for the right candidate
Required April 2018
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Head of Science to lead our current department. We are looking for someone who can provide outstanding leadership or quickly develop their leadership to an outstanding level to ensure that learning and progress in all areas within Science continues on an upward trajectory.
This role may ideally suit someone who is looking to make the step into middle leadership or who is looking to build upon their current experience and success at that level.
We will only consider candidates who can evidence a strong track record of success and who have made a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
• An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
• Excellent facilities and resources.
• Access to outstanding professional development.
• Caring and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
• Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
• Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
• An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who is committed to raising standards across Key Stage 3 and 4.
• Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
• Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you.
Letters of application should be written to the Person Specification and should outline the skills and experiences that you could bring to make a difference at our academy. They should be no more than 2 sides of A4 paper and written in Arial font size 12. A standard Application Form must also be completed which can accessed on the school website: www.thistleyhough.org.uk and returned via email to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2017, 9.00am
Interviews: w/c 11th December 2017