Required from: As Soon As Possible
Location: Central team based in Middlesbrough with schools located across Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland and Stockton
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent or Secondment
Salary: L34–38 (£89,900 - £99,158) + Assistance with relocation maybe available for the right candidate
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust wish to appoint a practising Catholic who is a highly motivated, enthusiastic, inspirational and forward looking Director of Secondary Education. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the leadership and performance of the secondary schools within the Trust. This role will ensure that our secondary school leaders receive the appropriate balance of challenge, support and professional development in order to achieve the highest quality of education for all of our pupils. This role offers a unique opportunity to join our newly formed Trust and drive innovative strategy to deliver real change within our Secondary Schools; Sacred Heart Catholic Secondary, Redcar; St Patricks Catholic College, Thornaby. St Peters Catholic College and Trinity Catholic College, Middlesbrough.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is a family of 21 Primary schools, four Secondary Schools, a sixth form and teaching school from across the north of the Diocese of Middlesbrough. With more than 9,000 students and 1,200 staff, the Trust is now the North-East’s largest Catholic Trust and the second largest Catholic Multi-Academy Trust in the UK.
At Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, we offer:
- An outstanding Catholic ethos where students enjoy and achieve
- A welcoming, orderly and caring school community
- An attractive learning environment with quality resources
- A Leadership Team, Staff and Governors who are dedicated, talented and highly motivated
- An opportunity to develop, innovate and drive excellence across our four Secondary Schools
- A commitment to professional and personal development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from other establishments in partnership with our feeder Catholic primary schools in the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
The successful candidate will:
- Have a commitment to Catholic education
- Be a person with drive and ambition who is passionate about the success and wellbeing of all students, with a strategic and innovative vision for the future of secondary education
- Be a person with a proven record of experience of successful senior leadership who can innovative and drive school improvement plans to achieve and sustain excellence throughout our schools
- Be able to effectively steer, encourage, challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice
- Be able to inspire and enthuse staff, students, parents and the wider community
- Be an excellent communicator and collaborator with outstanding inter-personal skills and the ability to forge positive relationships
- Be able to create, develop and sustain high achieving teams and encouraging peer to peer collaboration across the Trusts schools
If you would like to be part of Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust family, you are welcome to visit some of our schools before applying. This can be arranged by contacting Rebecca Chambers, Executive Assistant at the Trust, between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 01642 298100.
APPLY NOW: Download the Application pack, Application forms and notes attached.
Fo further details, please visit www.npcat.org.uk/current-vacancies
Closing Date: Noon on Friday, 15th February 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 26h February 2019
Interviews: Scheduled for Thursday 7th March 2019
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to Karen Clarke, Head of Human Resources:
Mrs. K Clarke
Head of Human Resources
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
Trinity Catholic College 6th Form
Middlesbrough, TS4 3JW
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Clearance along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.