Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation. We are a fast-paced and growing family of 47 international schools in China, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and North America, providing outstanding education to nearly 45,000 students from preschool through to the end of secondary education. Our schools are united by one philosophy — we are ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We believe that being part of our family of 47 schools gives each school a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and King’s College London.
The British International School Bratislava
The British International School Bratislava is at the forefront of international education in Slovakia. Established in 1997 for students aged 2-18, our school is recognised for academic excellence leading to outstanding IB results and entry to top universities worldwide. Our facilities are designed to support learning, and include a wide range of performing arts and sports amenities to develop the whole child and foster a love of learning amongst our students. To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/bratislava
About the role
We’ll look to you to promote high expectations for our students, designing learning activities that are aligned to our school’s curriculum and creating a love of learning amongst our students. We encourage all our teachers to act as role models in promoting the core values, which have helped us to become first choice school for expatriate parents in Bratislava.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication, organisational and classroom management skills meet deadlines and work well under pressure. A genuine interest in the all-round welfare of students is essential as is being able to work independently and as a member of a team. As well as teaching, the colleague would be expected to develop assessments, contribute to schemes of work, keep detailed student records and take an active part in the development of the faculty. Ideas and initiatives are welcomed.’
About you (see full Job description)
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international environment, you will need a relevant degree, a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE /NQT) and a minimum of 2 years RELEVANT teaching experience. Committed and creative, you will be reflective on your own teaching and student outcomes, seeking out and implementing new ideas and innovative practice to raise achievement.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships with parents and students.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Be organized and forward thinking in order to effectively manage the sports provision for all pupil across all 3 phases of the school;
- Experience or knowledge of teaching a dance curriculum is highly valued;
- To ensure a logical progression of sports development as students’ progress between the Key stages;
- Promote parental touch points, through sports events and competitions;
- Build a strong teaching team and create the conditions for it to excel;
- Continually strive to develop the quality of students’ learning within PE;
- To work with the Assistant Head to use the student tracking and monitoring process to advance student learning and enhance professional practice in line with the school’s aspirations and priorities;
- Contribute to the schools Development plans, strategic vision and identify annual targets using the HRIS;
- Oversee to the school improvement / development planning within PE and ensure this promotes the overall aims of the school development plan;
- Line manage the department/faculty and ensure budgets are managed effectively;
- Promote sport for all and the importance of exercise in leading a healthy lifestyle;
- Develop and deploy resources to support high quality sports opportunities;
- Promote local and regional sporting competitions and within NAE;
- Ensure safety/safeguarding is the key consideration of all PE staff and that appropriate training is provided;
- Take part in and contribute to the planning and delivery of sporting trips, completing EV paper work and ensuring staffing ratios, Health and Safety, medical information, budgeting and costing are efficient;
A willingness to take part in Sport-related extra-curricular activities, both locally and nationally, would also be expected.
You must also hold a European or UK passport to comply with Slovak residency permit requirements.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform that harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development at the cutting edge of educational thinking. Our collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers our teacher’s unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer an opportunity to earn an Executive Masters in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
Alongside this great training is a competitive salary package. (European schools do not have a relocation package which includes flights, accommodation etc.)
The closing date for applications is December 29th 2017.
Initial interviews will be conducted by Skype and follow-up face to face interviews may take place at the Nord Anglia Education Recruitment Event in central London in January (alternative arrangements will be made for candidates who cannot attend in person).
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All applicants (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.