The West London Free School aims to provide all pupils, no matter what their background, with a classical liberal education. We have a distinctive school culture built on a passion for bringing rich, demanding and inspiring knowledge to pupils of all abilities. We treasure the subject knowledge of staff, we value their passion for continuing to grow as subject-specialists and we support their subject-specific development. There is a firm and fair approach to behaviour, systematically supported by senior staff: all pupil detentions are centralised and run by senior staff every day. Teachers are therefore able to prioritise the planning and teaching of subject knowledge. School leaders all teach, love their subjects, understand workload pressures and are highly visible around school.
Our core belief is that every child is entitled to a classical liberal education, no matter what their background or ability. We place a heavy emphasis on the acquisition of core knowledge through the study of traditional subjects. Our pupils in each year group are enthusiastic and making excellent progress in PE.
This is an exciting time to join the West London Free School and the person appointed will play a key role in the development of our sports provision.
Key characteristics of the role include:
• Line managing the PE department staff.
• Working closely with the Headteacher and contributing to the achievement of the School’s strategic aims.
• Responsibility for the development of the core PE curriculum and the co-curricular games programme including competitive fixtures.
• Responsibility for high standards of coaching, teaching and learning in all PE and sporting activities.
• Responsibility for monitoring the quality of teaching and learning in the core curriculum and all sporting activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience of line management of teaching staff.
- A passion for Sports and exceptional subject knowledge.
- Commitment to the co-curricular programme.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Effective and efficient communication skills with both pupils and staff.
- An understanding and commitment to the ethos of the school.
The West London Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application deadline: 12.00pm on Monday 21st January. Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
If you wish to apply, please complete our school application form with a covering letter to Sarah Noel at email@example.com.