Director of Sport
Full time, permanent
Required from January 2019
The School seeks to appoint a talented, creative and inspiring Director of Sport to take up appointment, ideally from January 2019. Candidates may also be considered for appointment at the start of summer term 2019. The post incorporates the coordination of extra-curricular activities within the school.
St Christopher’s is a lively, creative, friendly and innovative girls’ day school (IAPS 4-11) in Hampstead, with a focus on providing an outstanding learning environment underpinned by an extensive programme of sports, music, art and drama. There are approximately 240 pupils with selective entry into Reception and Year 1. The school is oversubscribed and girls continue their education at 11+ to some of the top schools in London and around the country. We believe that children should experience a superb education that allows them to be challenged yet have fun, confident as an individual yet understand how to play their part in a team, and are committed to developing curiosity, flexible thinking, resilience, initiative, perseverance and respect. If this educational ethos appeals, please apply to join our team at St Christopher’s.
Wednesday 19 September 2018, by 8am
Tuesday 25 September 2018
Terms & Conditions
- A competitive salary package is offered at St Christopher’s
- Free school lunches during term-time
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Data and Barring Service (DBS) check, a medical fitness declaration and a childcare self-declaration disqualification form. The appointment is subject to at least two satisfactory references, clearance from the DBS, verification of identity and qualifications, evidence of the right to work in the UK, DfE prohibition checks and satisfactory medical fitness. If a candidate has lived or worked abroad for a period of 3 months or more during the past 10 years s/he will also need to provide appropriate paperwork, such as a police certificate of good conduct, from the countries lived in.
St Christopher’s School adheres to the Data Protection Act 1998. We will obtain information about you including any criminal convictions you may have. All information will be kept confidential and it will only be used to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, all your information will be deleted from our systems and disposed of in a secure manner.
· Application form and explanatory notes about completing the form and the recruitment process
· Job description and person specification
· The school’s Prospectus
· Equal Opportunities form
· The school’s Child Protection Policy
· The school’s Staff Code of Conduct
· Please complete the enclosed application form; CVs will not be accepted
· Ensure you address the criteria outlined in the person specification when writing your personal supporting statement
· References will be sought for shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date
· A tour of the school will be incorporated into the interview day
· Completed applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com and all applications will be acknowledged by email
Should you have any queries on the application process, please contact: Emma Ghosh, Bursar on 020 7435 6901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children within our care at all times.
The School is an equal opportunities employer.
Please visit our website for more information about the school including the full ISI Regulatory Compliance Inspection report from June 2017: http://www.st-christophers.hampstead.sch.uk